Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Mark Herman is a Booz Allen Hamilton Executive Vice President based in McLean, Virginia, who plays a lead role in the firm's modeling, simulation, wargaming, and analysis work. He has more than 30 years of experience designing and developing wargames on a variety of strategic and boardroom topics for the U.S. Department of Defense and Fortune 500 companies.
Mr. Herman is a leader in the development of wargame and simulation methodologies emphasizing strategic planning, the development of measures of effectiveness, and economic analysis. His areas of expertise include:
•Modeling & Simulation
•Network Centric Warfare
•New Measures of Effectiveness
•Revolution in Military Affairs (RMA)
Mr. Herman has designed more than 50 commercial wargames on topics ranging from the Peloponnesian War to tactical warfare in antiquity, the American Revolution, the American Civil War, World War I, World War II, and modern warfare. His 1983 design Gulf Strike, which covered the Iran-Iraq War and a U.S.-led defense of Saudi Arabia, was used in the initial U.S. analytic efforts at the beginning of the Gulf War in August 1990. He holds numerous industry awards for his designs and is a member of the Wargaming Hall of Fame.
Mr. Herman has received two Booz Allen Hamilton Professional Excellence Awards in recognition of outstanding and innovative client service on an assignment for the U.S. Air Force and on a commercial wargaming engagement.
A recognized wargaming thought leader, Mr. Herman, along with Booz Allen Principals Mark Frost and Robert Kurz, are co-authors of Wargaming for Leaders: Strategic Decision Making from the Battlefield to the Boardroom (McGraw-Hill, December 2008). Mr. Herman has also co-authored books on military history and a host of strategy articles on such topics as Robotic and Cyber warfare.
Mr. Herman is an adjunct professor teaching military strategy and analytic methods for Georgetown University. In the past he has taught and lectured for the U.S. Naval War College and the University of Maryland. He holds a B.A. degree in history from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and an M.A. in national security studies from Georgetown University.