Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
William J. Mahon
The MAHON Consulting Group
Widely recognized as one of the United States' leading authorities on health care fraud, Bill Mahon is President of The MAHON Consulting Group LLC, where he specializes in health care fraud management and prevention strategies and services for private and public health insurance payers, law enforcement agencies, the health care professions and health industry organizations.
Mr. Mahon established an independent consulting practice in July 2004, following a 13-year tenure as executive director and later president/CEO of the National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association. His areas of expertise and client service include industry anti-fraud practices and benchmarks; comprehensive reviews and enhancements of established anti-fraud operations; risk/exposure assessments for health plans and guidance in their establishment of anti-fraud operations; anti-fraud regulatory compliance and government-affairs counsel; member, customer and provider education; prescription drug abuse and diversion; and training for third-party payers, law enforcement and other public-sector agencies.
A well-known speaker and industry instructor, Mr. Mahon has testified in many Congressional and state legislative hearings on health care fraud and frequently presents on the subject to law enforcement, insurance, health care, journalism, business and academic audiences.
A member of the Editorial Advisory Board of BNA's Health Care Fraud Report, he also is the author of Prescription for Peril—a landmark study of the health insurance impact and implications for third-party payers of the nation's epidemic of prescription drug diversion, published by the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud. Mr. Mahon also is a member of the Expert Panel of the Prescription Monitoring Program Center of Excellence at Brandeis University.
In other career experience, Mr. Mahon served as a journalist in the financial and health care fields and in several professional political-management positions. A native of Taunton, Massachusetts, he holds a BA degree in Politics from Fairfield University.