Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Friday - 3/23/2012, 4:07pm EDT
As CA CIO and Director of CST, Mr. Amin was responsible for all CA IT programs, which support the agency's mission of protecting the lives and interests of American citizens overseas and strengthening U.S. border security. Mr. Amin had a vision for creating a consolidated person-centric IT environment, capable of adapting to new and emerging business requirements. The Bureau of Consular Affairs serves as the public face of the Department of State for millions of United States citizens and foreign nationals around the world.
Mr. Amin has more than 35 years of experience in the Federal IT arena in the management, leadership, engineering, design, implementation and direction of large systems integration projects, including the application of current technology to secure data and network communications. Prior to joining the public service in June 2007, Mr. Amin held key IT Technical and Management positions in the private sector at Nortel/PEC Solutions, Vector Research, Inc., and Computer Sciences Corporation. He is also the founder, former President, and CEO of InfoTec, Inc.
Mr. Amin holds an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering from MS University and received his Executive Master of Science degree in Technology Management from the University of Maryland. He also holds a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from Project Management Institute (PMI) since 2005. He is married and has a grown up daughter who is an alumni of Virginia Tech and has followed her father's path into the Federal IT world.