Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Friday - 3/23/2012, 4:01pm EDT
Known widely as a passionate technologist with more than 27 years of it experience (17 years in federal government and 10 years in industry), Mr. Lush specializes in infrastructure (network, storage, servers), electronic health care, enterprise management frameworks, service level agreement development, cloud infrastructure, thin computing, and virtualization - he currently participates in several technology guidance boards on behalf of dell federal and offers his input as requested by executive leadership on a variety of health-care and federal agency technology strategy.
As Executive Chief Technology Officer for the Department of Veterans Affairs office of information and technology, Mr. Lush maintained one of the highest ranking positions inside the world's largest civilian government agencies. This responsibility included direction and governance for the technology used by 350,000 employees supporting 23+ million end-users (our nation's veterans) and a budget that exceeds a billion dollars annually. Mr. Lush brings to bear his vast architecture experience in support of many federal agencies. his experience ranges from the electronic medical record for the united states to enterprise management frameworks to ITIL, SOA and ESB infrastructures to private and public clouds.
Mr. Lush has authored over 80 functional requirement categories, hosting more than 5,000 ITIL aligned specifications that are used for procurement packages within the VA and other federal agencies and he is extensively knowledgeable with federal acquisition policies and practices, maintains an intimate understanding of policy establishment, process development, governance and organizational alignment.