Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Justin B. Murphy
Friday - 3/2/2012, 3:48pm EST
Prior to re-joining the Federal Government, Mr. Murphy served 20 years in law enforcement and retired as a Major from the Fairfax County Police Department, the largest municipal department in Virginia. During his tenure with the County he held command positions in all of the Department's Bureaus.
After his retirement he held a number of senior positions in the private sector for large system integrators. His last position prior to joining the OCIO was as a Vice President for Science Application International Corporation, where he served as the company's Account Executive for the Department of Justice as well as being responsible for Mergers and Acquisitions for the Integrated Security Solutions Business units.
Mr. Murphy is a 1976 graduate of the University of Scranton and received an Executive Masters degree in 1993 from the University of Maryland. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville, Southern Police Institute, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy.
He has lectured at international conferences for the Association of Public Safety Communications and the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
Mr. Murphy is married to Elizabeth Altemus, and they have one child.