Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Wednesday - 1/25/2012, 7:45pm EST
US Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security
As the Chief Technology Officer of US Customs & Border Protection, Wolf Tombe is responsible for the proactive formation of cross-cutting integrated technology strategies, architectures and solutions across CBP. He is also responsible for the Agency's Information Transformation initiatives which includes the CBP Enterprise Technical Architecture, CBP Technology Roadmap, Common Infrastructure, Technology Lifecycle implementation and Customer Transformation Services. Mr. Tombe Chairs both the SOA and Application Working Group and the Technology Review Committee where he provides leadership on technology planning, architecture, standards and adoption of industry best practices for technology management. As CTO, Mr. Tombe is the liaison for CBP with industry and other government agencies on technology issues and matters. In this capacity, Mr. Tombe founded the first US Government "Federal CTO Forum" in December of 2008. Recognizing both the need and tremendous benefits to be gained by sharing technology best practices and innovations between federal agencies the forum now has regular participation from twenty-six federal civilian and defense agencies.
Mr. Tombe joined US Customs and Border Protection in 2002 and supports CBP with more than 24 years of IT management experience in the Federal Government Sector serving in a variety of Agency's on both the West and East Coast.
Mr. Tombe holds a Masters Certificate in Project Management from George Washington University and is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with the Project Management Institute. Mr. Tombe is an accomplished public speaker having presented at numerous public forums on issues pertaining to technology implementation and management in the US Federal Government.