Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - 1/23/2012, 2:30pm EST
Federal Chief Cloud Executive
Doug Bourgeois joined VMware as VP and Federal Chief Cloud Executive in April of 2010. In this role, he leads the development and execution of VMware's cloud computing strategies for the Federal market. He joined VMware from the U.S. Department of the Interior, where he served as the Director of the National Business Center (NBC) since October, 1, 2004. In this role, he led more than 1,800 employees and contractors in 24 states to provide business management services government-wide such as: information technology, payroll, human resources, financial management, contract management, and management consulting. Under his leadership, the NBC was competitively selected to be a shared services provider of payroll, human resources, financial management, and information technology services for the Federal government. He also led the NBC to develop and implement comprehensive cloud computing services, leveraging the NBC's shared services infrastructure, defense-in-depth security model, and extensive virtualization capabilities. Through his commitment to service excellence, the NBC earned notable achievements including an ISO 9001 certification and service level achievement rates of 97% across major service lines.
Prior to joining Interior, Doug served as the Chief Information Officer at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), where he led the successful migration of the USPTO to electronic government operations. This included transforming the traditionally manual patent examination process to an online environment, providing published patent applications under review online to the public, digitizing granted patent documents and eliminating 25 million paper copies as a result, supporting the technology of an award winning telework program, and achieving an electronic filing rate that consistently exceeded 95%.
From 1994 to 2001, he held several roles at FedEx, including the Managing Director of Global Customer Service Technology with responsibility for the successful 1-800-GoFedEx telephone network, all interactive telephone based applications used by FedEx customers to track packages and schedule pickups, as well as all systems used by FedEx Call Center employees world-wide to process several million transactions daily. Doug earned a B.S. degree in Aeronautical Engineering from Cal Poly University in San Luis Obispo, California and an M.B.A. degree in Finance from Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana.