Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Nova James Daly
Tuesday - 10/18/2011, 12:00am EDT
Wiley Rein LLP
Mr. Daly is an international investment, trade and cyber security policy expert who has held senior leadership positions at the White House, the U.S. Departments of Treasury and Commerce and the U.S. Senate. At Wiley Rein, he provides both high-level insight and deep operational expertise to help clients navigate the policy and regulatory environments affecting cross-border business, particularly with regard to cyber security policy matters and the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
As the former Deputy Assistant Secretary for Investment Security and Policy at the Treasury Department (2006-2009), Mr. Daly led the interagency CFIUS process. In that capacity, he oversaw the reviews of over 350 transactions worth over $300 billion, negotiated the current CFIUS law, wrote and implemented CFIUS regulations, and restructured the CFIUS process. He created and chaired investment dialogues with China and the EU, and led Treasury Department efforts to attract foreign investment and reduce international and domestic investment barriers. He also represented Treasury in the Administration's cyber security policy formulation. Prior to Treasury, Mr. Daly served as the Director for International Trade at the National Security Council where his responsibilities included multiple trade, investment and national security policy matters. Mr. Daly also served as the Senior Advisor for Trade Policy to the Secretary of Commerce, and worked for the U.S. Senate Finance Committee.
Mr. Daly holds an undergraduate degree in political science from the University of California, Irvine and a graduate degree in international law and organizations from American University.