Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - 10/17/2011, 11:55pm EDT
Bluestone Capital Partners
John Allen is one of the investment banking pioneers in the Washington, D.C. area. During his two decades in investment banking, he has helped build two highly successful firms that were acquired by other financial institutions and has been involved in more than 100 deals with and for Fortune 500 and middle-market companies. This includes some of the biggest names in the aerospace/defense, information technology and professional and technical services sectors such as AECOM, General Dynamics, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, ManTech, Raytheon, SAIC, The Carlyle Group, and Veritas Capital.
Because of his success and thought leadership, John has received many industry accolades including Investment Banker of the Year honors from the Association for Corporate Growth. He also is frequently interviewed as an investment banking and government sector expert and has had articles and quotes published in Barrons, Washington Technology, Washington Business Journal, The Deal and The Washington Post, among many others. John has also briefed members of Congress and congressional committees on issues important to small and middle-market businesses.
John is passionate about bringing expert advice and creative financing solutions to middle-market companies. He believes that today's dynamic and volatile business environment requires a new middle-market investment banking model. For this reason he co-founded Bluestone Capital Partners, where he currently serves as CEO. At Bluestone, John directs key client relationships and oversees day-to-day operations and strategic planning.
Prior to founding Bluestone, John was co-owner of Windsor Group before it was acquired by BB&T Corporation in 2005. He also founded Windsor Capital Partners Fund I, a private equity/mezzanine fund focused on investing in small and middle-market companies.
Before joining Windsor Group, John was President of Quarterdeck Investment Partners, an investment banking firm that specialized in providing investment banking services to aerospace, defense, and information technology companies. He helped lead Quarterdeck from a start-up to the eventual sale of a minority position to Jefferies & Company.
John has served on the boards of multiple business and charitable organizations including Advanced Engineering & Research Associates, BB&T Capital Partners | Windsor Mezzanine Fund, Quarterdeck Investment Partners, Inc. and Sentech, Inc. He currently serves on the boards of Northern Virginia Family Service, Northern Virginia Technology Council, and SE Solutions Inc. and is a member of Capital for Children.
John has a master's degree in business administration studies from American University and a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of Florida.