Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - March 11, 2014
Tuesday - 3/11/2014, 9:34am EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Interviews from the AFCEA Homeland Security Conference are available here.
The Senate voted unanimously last night to change the way the military addresses sexual assault. The bill is not as strong as survivors wanted, but they say it's a step in the right direction. All this came before the chamber's Democrats staged an all-night talkathon on climate change. Bob Cusack, managing editor of The Hill newspaper, joins the Federal Drive to discuss the week ahead in Congress.
Senate approves McCaskill sexual assault bill in 97-0 vote (Related link)
Deputy Director U.S.
Patent and Trademark Office
The White House launches more initiatives to combat patent trolls. The Patent and Trademark Office says it will crowd source information to help patent examiners evaluate applications. Michelle Lee is Deputy Director of the Patent and Trademark Office. She says patent litigation still needs fine tuning.
Federal News Radio
The four different systems that hold vendor past performance data look and feel shockingly old and clunky, says Senator Claire McCaskill. The Missouri Democrat wonders why agencies still do not have the information required to make good procurement decisions. Federal News Radio's executive editor Jason Miller joins the Federal Drive with details about why past performance data is a mess.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.