Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - February 18, 2014
Tuesday - 2/18/2014, 9:17am EST
The Hill Newspaper
The new chairman of the Senate Finance Committee calls the tax code a "rotten dysfunctional mess." Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) wants comprehensive tax reform. But he'll settle for extending more than 50 expiring tax breaks. Bernie Becker writes about tax issues for The Hill Newspaper.
AMA Enterprise Government Solutions
President Obama has asked agencies to consider hiring the long-term unemployed. Will that strategy really get you the best possible people? Sam Davis is vice president of AMA Enterprise Government Solutions. He has the pros and cons and some good advice.
Senior Research Psychologist in the Office of Policy and Evaluation
Merit Systems Protection Board
Training and experience are good measures to base a hiring decision on, but they're not everything. The Merit Systems Protection Board has taken a look at T&E assessments and how effective they are across government. John Ford is a senior research psychologist for the Office of Policy and Evaluation at the MSPB. He was project leader on the study.
NASA ended its space shuttle program three years ago. Today, the Kennedy Space Center in Florida is still having growing pains. The federal government uses about half of the space. The rest is in limbo.
The situation is a case study of challenges that confront agencies when they decide to close down programs and board up facilities. Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.) describes what the complex looks like today.