Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - January 28, 2014
Tuesday - 1/28/2014, 9:54am EST
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Deputy Inspector General for Investigations
Health and Human Services
It's getting tougher to commit health care fraud against the government. An analysis by Syracuse University shows prosecutions rose to 377, a new high, in fiscal 2013. The Justice Department credits a SWAT-team-like approach to nabbing fraudsters. Gary Cantrell is deputy inspector general for investigations at Health and Human Services. His office launches many of the investigations.
The Hill Newspaper
It's that time again. The President gives his State of the Union message to Congress, as prescribed by the Constitution. Back in 1790, George Washington took just six minutes to deliver his speech. President Obama will probably take an hour tonight. So what's in it for you? Bob Cusack is managing editor of the Hill Newspaper, and he breaks it down.
Defense Imagery Management Operations Center
The Defense Department is spending $5 million to digitize and archive priceless historic images. But officials are facing two problems. 1) A massive backlog and 2) the possibility of the material deteriorating before it reaches the National Archives. Mike Edrington has more details on the effort. He is director of the Defense Imagery Management Operations Center.
Director of Strategy and Insight
It looks as if the world of federal contracting is starting to settle back down following a year of sequestration and government shutdowns. But budgets are flat. The market is more competitive than ever. The federal market research firm ORI has canvassed contractors and learned a few things. John Kagia is director of Strategy and Insight at ORI.
Federal News Radio
Political leaders long have told the military to make its bases more energy independent. Well, the Defense Department listens. A new report by the Pew Charitable Trusts finds DoD is mostly using private capital to boost energy security. Phyllis Cuttino leads Pew's clean energy program. She speaks with Federal News Radio's DoD reporter, Jared Serbu.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.