Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - January 16, 2014
Thursday - 1/16/2014, 9:39am EST
Commanding General of Warrior Transition Command
The Army is preparing for the wholesale return of troops from Afghanistan. It's begun restructuring its Warrior Transition Units, which provide service to soldiers with severe injuries or illnesses. The plan is for them to have better access to resources, whether they're healing at home or at a military hospital. Brig. Gen. David Bishop, commander of the Army's Warrior Transition Command, has more.
Senior Vice President for the Public Sector
The rollout of HealthCare.gov suggests the federal tech workforce may not have the skills to carry out large projects. Even President Barack Obama has called for changes to how the government hires technology talent. It's big business. The government spends nearly $80 billion a year on information technology. Mike Hettinger, senior vice president for the public sector at TechAmerica, has industry's viewpoint.
Government Contracts Lawyer
Rogers Joseph O'Donnell, P.C.
The Pentagon is putting its tech contractors under a microscope. Under new rules, the companies working on sensitive projects have to guarantee their materials are pure and their supply chains safe. In this week's Legal Loop, government contracts lawyer Bob Metzger of Rogers Joseph O'Donnell says what to expect.
Federal News Radio
The new head of the Office of Personnel Management has plunged into everything human resources in her first months on the job. Katherine Archuleta says she wants to understand OPM as an agency and as a service provider to other departments. She tells Federal News Radio's executive editor, Jason Miller, how she's handling the learning curve.
Federal News Radio
The Pentagon's top acquisition official says the $1 trillion spending bill in Congress temporarily takes pressure off of some areas of the Defense Department's budget. But Frank Kendall says he still worries about cutbacks to research and development spending. More from Federal News Radio's DoD reporter, Jared Serbu.