Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - January 3, 2014
Friday - 1/3/2014, 9:38am EST
"Quieting the Boom"
More than 65 years after Chuck Yeager flew past the sound barrier, the sonic boom remains an obstacle to supersonic flight. For decades, NASA has tried to solve the puzzle of how to fly commercial planes at the speed of sound without creating deafening shock waves. Larry Benson has done extensive research on the subject. His book, "Quieting the Boom," details early supersonic flight and what's holding NASA back.
Department of Justice
Incoming Director of Global Operations
Broadcasting Board of Governors
You can't say the Broadcasting Board of Governors lacks ambition. Its strategic goal is to become the world's leading international news agency by 2016. In the meantime, it's enjoying record audiences. All of this in the middle of a major reorganization. Andre Mendes is the BBG's incoming director of global operations.
Federal News Radio
The Homeland Security Department wants to use federated identity management to build networks of trust with state, local and federal government partners. The goal is to make information sharing easier and more secure. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller explains how DHS is easing the burden of managing so many different identities.