Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - January 2, 2014
Thursday - 1/2/2014, 9:54am EST
Executive Director and CEO
Public Technology Institute
It's no secret. Government runs on technology. That became distressingly clear when the website HealthCare.gov opened for business in October. Or tried to open. Managers at all agencies need to keep an eye on the electronic apparatus their programs depend on. For a look ahead at the technology challenges for 2014, Tom and Emily spoke to Alan Shark, executive director and CEO of the Public Technology Institute.
University of Maryland School of Public Policy
We could list a handful of reasons why we hope this year in Washington is better than 2013. Shutdown anyone? Many people make new year's promises and resolutions. To help federal leaders make some of their own, Tom and Emily called on Don Kettl. He's dean of the school of public policy at the University of Maryland.
Chief Technology Officer
The Office of Management and Budget says agencies have to update their public networks to Internet Protocol Version 6 by September. The switch to IPv6 is supposed to enhance connectivity, support mobile devices and improve network security. Steve LeFrancois has more on this transition in the federal government. He's chief technology officer at Verizon.
Director of Research
Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute
The newest version of the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute's Organizational Climate Assessment System is out. It's a must read for commanders so they can identify attitudes and behaviors that might affect morale and organizational performance. Daniel McDonald is the institute's director of research.
2013 came and went in a messy way, with lots of things left undone. That's certainly true when you think of the legal developments facing federal employees and contractors. In this week's legal loop, Greg Rinckey of the law firm Tulley Rinckey gives his top five legal issues to watch in 2014. No surprise — they're based on those loose ends from last year.