Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - December 27, 2013
Friday - 12/27/2013, 2:00pm EST
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Deputy Administrator for the Animal Plant and Health Inspection Service
The citrus industry is suffering from a greening problem that's destroying plants and acres of crops throughout Florida. Now it's spreading to California, Georgia and other southern states.
Osama El-Lissy is the deputy administrator for the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service's Plant Protection and Quarantine at the Agriculture Department. He explains how the department has created a multi-agency emergency framework to help combat the citrus greening problem.
Senior Vice President for the Public Sector
Information Technology Industry Council
As part of the Federal Drive series, Looking Ahead to 2014, Tom and Emily are exploring some of the big issues facing the federal government. One of them is procurement, particularly how the government spends $80 billion a year on information technology. Trey Hodgkins is senior vice president for public sector at the Information Technology Industry Council. He discussed IT acquisition reform and a few other important topics.
Federal managers haven't had it easy in 2013. Shifting priorities and an inability to plan for the fiscal future made it pretty difficult. As part of the Federal Drive series, Looking Ahead to 2014, Tom and Emily talked to Robert Shea. He's a principal at Grant Thornton and former associate director at OMB. He talks about the outlook for federal agency financial and general management in the coming year.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.