Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - December 16, 2013
Monday - 12/16/2013, 10:12am EST
Chief Sustainability Officer
United States Postal Service
The Postal Service has learned a lot about recycling. Now it wants to extend that expertise to help the entire federal government dispose of electronics in such a way that hazardous materials don't make their way into the environment. Tom Day is the USPS chief sustainability officer. He discusses the BlueEarth Federal Recycling Program.
Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues
Government Accountability Office
A new report by the Government Accountability Office says agencies aren't seeing much competition or savings from reverse auctions. Sometimes agencies end up paying two fees — one to use the contract and one to use the contractor's services. Michele Mackin provides guidance. She's the director of acquisition and sourcing management issues at GAO.
Certified Financial Planner and Investment Manager
The new budget deal has a range of impacts on federal employees and their paychecks. Current feds dodged a bullet with pension increases, but will things get worse later on? Art Stein is a certified financial planner and investment manager.
Federal News Radio
More than two dozen vendors are protesting the Homeland Security Department's awards under its EAGLE II IT services contract. DHS decided not to pick many of the large vendors with household names to be part of its $22 billion contract. Federal News Radio's executive editor, Jason Miller, has details on the protests.
Federal News Radio
The Air Force says the budget agreement the House voted on should help solve some of the service's short-term military readiness problems. Even with a moderate reprieve from sequestration, the service is warning Congress that it's going to have to make some politically unpopular cutbacks. Details from Federal News Radio's DoD reporter, Jared Serbu.