Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - November 7, 2013
Thursday - 11/7/2013, 11:28am EST
Shaw, Bransford and Roth
For more than two years, conservative political groups have complained of unfair treatment by the IRS. Unequal treatment by the tax exempt organization has cost a couple of IRS managers their jobs. But a mystery surrounds the identity of one IRS employee who leaked a tax return of the National Organization for Marriage, to its opponent, the Human Rights Campaign. The identity of the employee has become known to the House Ways and Means Committee. But because of IRS privacy rules, he or she remains anonymous. In our weekly Legal Loop segment, we asked attorney Debra Roth if the IRS has different rules than other agencies.
Federal News Radio
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee yesterday approved its version of the DATA Act. The approval sets in motion a short path toward new requirements for agencies to standardize and make data more accessible. But some agency leaders who would be charged with implementing the bill are unsure the DATA Act can be implemented successfully. Federal News Radio's executive editor Jason Miller provides details on the bill and the growing concerns.
Federal News Radio
Several longtime veterans of the Defense Department's budget process on Capitol Hill say the source of DoD's current budget turmoil isn't just political infighting. Instead, it's a general disengagement among members of Congress from the traditional process of passing budgets and legislation.
Department of Health and Human Services
This year, the Combined Federal Campaign is focusing on the people behind the charitable donations. "I make it possible" is the new slogan of the world's largest workplace fundraiser. The CFC is actually comprised of nearly 200 smaller campaigns throughout the world.
Special Representative for Global Partnerships
Early on in the first term, the Obama administration established the Veterans Employment Initiative.. It's designed to help veterans find employment within the federal government. The State Department has built on this initiative with a program it calls the Veterans Innovation Partnership. The VIP aims to enhance both veterans' careers and the State Department mission.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.