Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - October 28, 2013
Monday - 10/28/2013, 9:40am EDT
Senior Adviser and Fellow
Center for a New American Security
Today's generals and admirals don't have the skills to address tomorrow's military challenges. Just because you're a good soldier doesn't mean you're a good office manager. It's a refrain that pops up year after year. The latest proposed fix comes from the Center for a New American Security. The lead author of the report is Retired Lt. Gen. Dave Barno, a former top commander in Afghanistan.
Checkbook's Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees
While the government is scrambling to fix problems with HealthCare.gov and most Republican lawmakers are focusing on everything that is going wrong, one has proposed a type of alternative. House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa says all Americans should be able to buy health insurance through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program. It's not a new idea. Walt Francis is the principal author of Checkbook's Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees.
Federal News Radio
The Army is wrestling with tough questions as it builds its cyber warfighting force. How big should the cyber force be? What's the right mix of soldiers, civilians and contractors? And how does the Defense Department need to change its legacy personnel systems to bring the best possible talent on board? Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu reports on the Army's hunt for answers.