Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - October 24, 2013
Thursday - 10/24/2013, 8:57am EDT
Director of Computational and Information Sciences Directorate
Army Research Lab
Shaw Bransford & Roth
The White House has fired the National Security Council's nonproliferation director after learning he was posting snarky tweets (incognito) about colleagues, Congress and others. Jofi Joseph tells Politico he deeply regrets violating the trust and confidence placed in him. But is it too late? And what does this mean for other federal employees using social media? For some answers we turn to Debra Roth, a partner at Shaw Bransford & Roth, in our weekly legal loop segment. Read more.
"Agency of the Month"
The Defense Department is getting everyone on the same page by moving to one network known as the Joint Information Environment. Brig. Gen. Brian Dravis is director of the Joint Information Environment Technical Synchronization Office at the Defense Information Systems Agency. On this week's Agency of the Month, he tells Federal News Radio's Lauren Larson what JIE has to offer.
Federal News Radio
The Office of Management and Budget has canceled a financial management circular. A-127 no longer governs agency financial management systems. Instead, OMB has rolled a few of the old requirements into the new Appendix D of Circular A-123. Norman Dong is the acting controller at OMB. He tells Federal News Radio's Jason Miller the decision to cancel A-127 is part of an effort to update and simplify agency financial management regulations.
Federal News Radio
The Army has serious concerns about its ability to modernize its equipment and technology over the next few years, especially if sequestration stays in effect. But leaders say they can't afford not to think about building for the "deep future." More from Federal News Radio's DoD Reporter Jared Serbu.