Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - October 15, 2013
Tuesday - 10/15/2013, 8:45am EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Senior Vice President for the Global Public Sector
Today is optimistic Tuesday, so we're going to take a look at the next step when furloughed employees return and agencies ring up contractors with orders to restart projects. It's going to take a little careful knitting together of frayed edges. Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president for the global public sector at TechAmerica, explains how to re-establish some sense of normal interaction.
Vice President for Policy
Partnership for Public Service
It's day 15 of the government shutdown. Some believe the end is near because the government cannot risk defaulting on the national debt. Whenever the crisis ends, federal employees will return to their dusty desks. John Palguta is vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service. He has some tips for re-entry.
American Bar Association
Federal courts are using money from filing fees and long-term appropriations to stay open during the shutdown. But the judiciary's administrative office says even that money could run out by the end of this week. Jim Silkenat, president of the American Bar Association, explains how the crisis would impact the courts.
The Hill Newspaper
Senate leaders say they've got a general framework for a deal that would reopen the government. The shutdown has lasted for more than two weeks. And Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew is urging Congress to raise the debt ceiling before Thursday. Erik Wasson writes for The Hill Newspaper. He has details on the negotiations.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.