Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - September 26, 2013
Thursday - 9/26/2013, 11:33am EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Federal Employment Attorney
The Office of Management and Budget's memo earlier this month outlines the path to termination for any government employee who makes illegal purchases on a government issued credit card. Agencies have until the end of this month to firm up their internal controls and prove they will take a tougher stance on credit card abuse. So what should the holders of credit cards know? Jonathan Bell is a federal employment attorney and has the answers.
Federal News Radio
The Treasury Department is finalizing requirements for agencies on financial management shared services. It's part of an effort to push agencies to federally-outsource those services. Federal News Radio's executive editor Jason Miller joins us with details.
Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association
In the District, you'll find multiple police forces responding to emergencies. There's the Metropolitan Police, U.S. Park Police, Government Printing Office Police, Capitol Police, Secret Service, Amtrak Police and the list goes on and on. But who's in charge during big events like the recent Navy Yard shootings? And how does command-and-control work in those situations? For some answers, we called Jon Adler, national president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association or FLEOA.
U.S. Access Board
Forty years ago, federal buildings had long, skinny staircases and few employees who needed ramps. The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 made both federal bricks-and-mortar and managers friendlier to people with disabilities. It also created the Access Board, the federal agency that sets standards for accessible design. David Capozzi, executive director of the Access Board, joined us to look back at the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 40 years on.
Procurement Analyst-Acquisition Career Manager
Food and Drug Administration
Five winners celebrate their selection as this year's Causey Award winners from Federal News Radio. These winners demonstrate excellence in human resources. Ronald Loube is a procurement analyst and Acquisition Career Manager for the Food and Drug Administration. He was selected for his design and development of an in-house training program called The FDA Acquisition Academy.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.