Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - September 12, 2013
Thursday - 9/12/2013, 11:10am EDT
Assistant Director and Student Loans Ombudsman
Student loan debt is big. Like in the neighborhood of $1 trillion. Under somewhat obscure federal rules, tens of millions of people holding student loans are eligible to have them wiped out. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau worries those eligible don't know they can have their loans forgiven, and thinks employers should tell them. Guess what: You might be one of those employers, or one of the people eligible. Rohit Chopra is the assistant director and student loans ombudsman at the CFPB.
Director of Financial Management and Assurance Issues
Government Accountability Office
Waste, fraud and abuse is as old as government. So are efforts to prevent it. That's where internal control comes in. The Government Accountability Office defines it as plans, methods, policies and procedures that ensure effective use of resources. GAO details these controls in a volume known as the Green Book. It's in the midst of a major revision. Jim Dalkin is director of financial management and assurance issues at GAO. He tells us why the Green Book is important to financial agencies.
Federal News Radio
As the nominee to be the next management guru at the Office of Management and Budget, Beth Cobert will face apathy, Congress and a host of other challenges. So to make progress on the management agenda, experts say Cobert, and the administration at large, must take the Goldilocks approach to priorities — nothing too hard, nothing too soft, but something just right. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller provides an analysis of what Cobert will face if confirmed by the Senate to be the deputy director for management at OMB.
Fish and Wildlife Service
Next month, federal wildlife officials will crush more than six tons of ivory: trinkets, whole elephant tusks and other contraband. It's part of a multi-agency campaign to combat an illegal industry that officials say now brings in $10 billion a year. Dan Ashe is the director of the Fish and Wildlife Service.