Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - September 9, 2013
Monday - 9/9/2013, 10:55am EDT
Program Manager, Population Health, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs
The Defense Department is encouraging service members to take a holistic approach to health. Operation Live Well is designed to promote healthy habits in areas like nutrition, exercise and mental health. The website brings a multitude of resources together in one place. Kimberly Elenberg is program manager for Population Health, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
Federal News Radio
Civilian agency acquisition workers must now use one system to track how they are meeting their training requirements. The Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System will also make it easier to find education opportunities across the government. Joe Jordan is the administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy. He tells Executive Editor Jason Miller how his new memo mandating these changes will consolidate and simplify civilian agency acquisition worker training.
Information Sharing Environment
When the Boston Marathon bombers were identified, tracked down and caught within days, a lot of credit went to interagency information sharing. That incident is one of the accomplishments outlined in the 2013 report to Congress from the Information Sharing Environment. But the report found, agencies still have some work to do when it comes to network security. Program Manager Kshmendra Paul described the highlights of the ISE report.
Congress is back in session and one of the items on the agenda is immigration reform. The big question is how to deal with tens of millions of undocumented immigrants in the United States. Heather Reilly is a principal at Deloitte Consulting LLP in the Department of Homeland Security practice. She talked about these issues and how they'll affect the federal government.