Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - August 27, 2013
Tuesday - 8/27/2013, 10:55am EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The Hill Newspaper
While you've been dipping your toes in sand and surf, members of Congress have been in their home districts, being heaped with both approbation and scorn. The immigration reform issue is still simmering, waiting for members when they return. One point of contention is the timing of when illegal immigrants will become legal. Russell Berman is a staff writer at The Hill Newspaper. He's been covering these issues.
Director of Health Care Issues
Government Accountability Office
The Veterans Health Administration hands out performance bonuses to 80 percent of eligible physicians and dentists. But it can't prove why. That's a red flag to the Government Accountability Office. Director of Health Care Issues Debra Draper is drawing attention to the issue with a new report.
Deputy General Counsel
American Federation of Government Employees
As many as a quarter of federal employees are not entitled to a key civil service protection, based on a recent ruling by the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. It found those working in "sensitive" positions cannot appeal personnel issues to the Merit Systems Protection Board. Andres Grajales is the deputy general counsel for the American Federation of Government Employees. He represented two Defense Department employees in the lawsuit. He joined Tom and Emily in this week's Legal Loop.
Shaw Bransford & Roth
The Homeland Security Department has put an employee on paid administrative leave for running a racist website. Ayo Kimathi deals with small businesses in his role as an acquisition officer for Immigration and Customs Enforcement. He reportedly had his supervisors' permission to launch the website, although they apparently did not understand its purpose. Employment lawyer Debra Roth is a partner at Shaw Bransford & Roth.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.