Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - August 26, 2013
Monday - 8/26/2013, 10:52am EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund
The Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund has handed out so many loans to furloughed federal employees, it says it is running out of money. FEEA has never seen such high demand for its small, emergency loans. Director Steve Bauer has more.
Before there were highways, canals dominated inland transportation in the new United States. Inland waterways remain important economically. But maintaining them is getting expensive and the federal Waterway Trust Fund is running out of money. One answer: Privatization. Bloomberg Analyst Matthew Hummer has made a comprehensive study of this problem.
USDA Forest Service Northern Research Station
First it was Dutch Elm disease. Now an unwelcome visitor know as the Ash Borer has killed tens of millions of ash trees in the Midwest and Northeastern sections of the country. The beetle, which hails from Asia, has no predators in North America. Until now. Andrew Liebhold is a research entomologist with the USDA Forest Service Northern Research Station in Morgantown, W.Va.
Tackling Wicked Government Problems
Helping residents recover from Superstorm Sandy, or improving access to health care, or helping troops transition to civilian life: These issues force agencies to ask for help from each other or outsiders. Ron Sanders is co-editor of "Tackling Wicked Government Problems: A Practical Guide for Developing Enterprise Leaders." It's a compilation of strategies for dealing with these types of issues. Sanders says wicked problems are becoming the new normal in government.
ID Technology Program Coordinator
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
Agriculture Department managers are concerned about potential loss of knowledge. Large numbers of scientists are approaching retirement age. At the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, the issue is the ability to identify insect pests. APHIS has launched an online bug ID tool to help new employees, or anyone for that matter. Dr. Terrance Walters is the ID Technology Program Coordinator at APHIS. He explains how the agency is helping.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.