Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - August 22, 2013
Thursday - 8/22/2013, 11:35am EDT
Program Manager of Frontier Project
National Science Foundation
The great battle against cybersecurity threats has become an all-of-government effort. While individual agencies deal with the tactics and strategies, the National Science Foundation is taking the long term view. It's awarding research grants to further our fundamental understanding of cybersecurity. Two program managers from the NSF's Frontier project, Nina Amla and Jeremy Epstein, discussed the grand challenges.
Pantex Wind Farm
Everything's bigger in Texas, so it's no surprise the state will soon be home to the federal government's largest wind farm. Siemens Government Technologies will build the Pantex wind farm that includes five 2.3 megawatt turbines. Energy savings are expected to average $2.9 million annually over a 20-year contract term. The project will allow the National Nuclear Security Administration to meet the president's initiatives for green energy. It will also create new research opportunities. John Herrera is the project manager for the Pantex wind farm.
Chair of the Working Party on Data Protection
As more people learn about the breadth of the National Security Agency's surveillance, they're raising questions. In Europe, lawmakers want details of U.S. intelligence gathering on European soil. They're also wondering whether the United States is violating European or international privacy laws. Jacob Kohnstamm chairs the European Commission working party on data protection. Mr. Kohnstamm joined Tom and Emily from The Hague.