Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - August 21, 2013
Wednesday - 8/21/2013, 10:25am EDT
Director of the Office Of University Programs
Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate
When the Homeland Security Department wants to know about evaluating the risks of terrorism, mitigating microbial hazards or protecting our food supply against foreign animal diseases, it knows where to turn. DHS is funding a dozen Centers of Excellence at universities around the country. At each, top researchers study a particular threat to the country. Matthew Clark directs the Office of University Programs in the Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate. He joined Tom and Emily for an overview.
The lurid stories are as old as software and computers themselves. Federal program managers order ambitious new systems. But the software development quickly becomes late and over-budget. One potential solution is something called agile development. Lawrence Fitzpatrick is president of Computech, and he's got 30 years of software experience. He discussed a new report on how federal agencies can benefit from agile development.
National Program Manager
Feds Feed Families
Federal employees are donating their time and effort to provide food to people in need. The Feds Feeds Families Program partners with federal agencies and the Agriculture Department to donate and collect literally tons of food to families across America. Last year, the program collected more than 7.2 million pounds of food. Doug Keeler, the national program manager of Feds Feed Families, offers an update.
Federal News Radio
Homeland Security officials are heading to Silicon Valley this week. They will pitch the potential of federally-funded cyber tools to venture capitalists and other potential investors. Michael Pozmantier is the program manager of the Transition to Practice in the department's Science and Technology Directorate. He explains to Federal News Radio's Jason Miller how the program works.
Senior Web Strategist
Department of Health and Human Services
If you want to see how user-friendly a government website can be, check out usability.gov. With it's redesign, it offers a smorgasbord of the latest thinking in how people use the Internet. Dick Stapleton manages the site. He is the senior web strategist at the Department of Health and Human Services.