Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - August 16, 2013
Friday - 8/16/2013, 11:19am EDT
Federal News Radio
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has ordered the military to implement what the Pentagon calls best practices for combating sexual assault. DoD says the measures build on actions Hagel took earlier this year. But as Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu reports, critics are calling them baby steps.
Chief Technology Officer
NASA's goal of bringing in a little of the Silicon Valley startup mentality is taking off. The IT Labs program is finding plenty of options for rapid, low-cost, low-risk projects to improve the space agency's use of technology. Sasi Pillay is the chief technology officer at NASA. He tells Executive Editor Jason Miller about how the IT Labs innovation program is initiating a new approach to software development.
Defense Information Systems Agency
This is the sixth and last Furlough Friday for many civilian employees of the Defense Department. While furloughs have given employees cause to worry about their own finances, some have made the most of it. Warren Schaeffer is an IT specialist at the Defense Information Systems Agency. He lives in Fredericksburg, Va. where he's started a Furlough Friday community service group.
We like to think of Federal News Radio as the go-to source for information on sequestration and furloughs. But one Defense Department civilian employee has built a website to rival ours in terms of all that information. Plus he sells furlough-themed t-shirts and mugs through it. Intelligence analyst Eric Lackey is the creator of furlough2013.com.
Registered Employee Benefit Consultant
Budget cuts, hiring freezes and furloughs have been reality for federal employees this year. To add insult to injury, a rise in ID scams has hit the federal workforce. Don't make things worse by losing your plastic or becoming a victim of credit card fraud. Registered Employee Benefit Consultant Ed Zurndorfer offers advice.