Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Federal Drive Show Blog - Aug. 12, 2013
Monday - 8/12/2013, 12:21pm EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Acting Director for Homeland Security and Justice Issues
Government Accountability Office
A recent government audit is raising new questions about whether agencies should rely on contractors to check the backgrounds of people applying for federal jobs or credentials. The Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) is a gold pass into secure areas of the nation's ports, railways and other transportation infrastructure. The TSA's Adjudication Center screens people who apply for the cards. Jenny Grover, acting director for homeland security and justice issues at the Government Accountability Office, explains her concerns with the center.
Federal News Radio
The Defense Information Systems Agency plans to overhaul the technology it uses to move voice, video and data communications. As Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu reports, the agency's planning several upcoming contracts to move a concept called Unified Capabilities.
acting undersecretary of rural development
When it comes to electronic communication, many rural communities are stuck in slow motion. Through the Smart Rural Communities Initiative, federal agencies and state and local stakeholders are bringing broadband infrastructure to those areas. Doug O'Brian, acting undersecretary of rural development at the Agriculture Department, explains the initiative to Federal News Radio's Lauren Larson.
Controversy is brewing over the Drug Enforcement Administration shares tips with other federal agencies and local law enforcement. An IRS manual has exposed how the DEA uses wire taps, NSA phone records and informants to help launch criminal investigations. Then the DEA instructs others to recreate how they got the evidence. Investigative Reporter John Shiffman has written about the DEA Special Operations Division.
Author of "Jihad Joe: Americans Who Go to War in the Name of Islam"
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.