Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - August 8, 2013
Thursday - 8/8/2013, 11:03am EDT
Federal News Radio
The Homeland Security Department's National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center says it's drafting plans that public and private sector responders can act upon in a major attack. More from Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu.
Federal News Radio
The Veterans Affairs Department has done little over the past two months to satisfy House lawmakers concerns about the security of veterans' personal data. The department is under pressure for more details about the extent of repeated compromises of VA's network by nation states. The rising tensions between the House Veterans Affairs committee's majority and VA come as a new report shows veterans are at a higher risk of identity theft than other citizens. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller had exclusive details.
Deputy Associate Director for Strategic Workforce Planning
Office of Personnel Management
Just what do cybersecurity professionals do? The answer is always changing. So, the Office of Personnel Management is directing agencies to help build a database of cybersecurity positions by the end of fiscal year 2014. Sydney Smith-Heimbrock is the Deputy Associate Director for Strategic Workforce Planning at the Office of Personnel Management.
Manager of the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Program
As the military scales down, it is putting more troops out of work. The federal government has launched a full-court press to get agencies and private employers to hire veterans. Officials also worry about finding jobs for their husbands and wives. It can be hard to build a career when your spouse's work forces you to move every couple of years. Now the Pentagon says it has achieved a milestone in that effort, two years early. Meg O'Grady manages the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program at the Defense Department.
Vice President for Analysis
Will they or won't they? Speculation is mounting about whether the Pentagon would cancel the F-35 fighter jet. That was one of the options reportedly considered by a Pentagon budget review board. After all, the F-35 program has a price tag close to $400 billion. The Pentagon has gone through a rough patch with the builder, Lockheed Martin. But how easy is it to kill a major program like that? For insight, we turned to Richard Aboulafia. He is vice president for analysis at the Teal Group.