Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - August 7, 2013
Wednesday - 8/7/2013, 11:45am EDT
Executive Vice President and Counsel
Professional Services Council
A long-awaited multiple award contract is finally here. One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services, or OASIS, is designed to reduce duplication in contracting across the government. The General Services Administration released the final request for proposals last week. Alan Chvotkin is the executive vice president and counsel for the Professional Services Council. He shared his thoughts with Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller.
Federal News Radio
The Federal Chief Information Officers Council is reorganizing to address the government's technology trends and priorities.The goal is to make it easier to give agency CIOs tools and guidance to meet the administration's initiatives. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller shared details on the council's new set up and how it matches agency priorities.
Federal News Radio
The Pentagon is in the early throes of putting together the latest edition of its cornerstone strategic document: the Quadrennial Defense Review. The general leading the effort for the Air Force says it provides his service an opportunity to ask hard questions, and begin to reinvent outdated thinking. We hear more from Federal News Radio's DoD reporter Jared Serbu.
Reading Congress is far easier than reading the tea leaves. Senate Republicans last week killed a $54 billion bill to fund transportation and housing projects. The scuffle has amped talks of a government shutdown and continuing resolution. Bloomberg News Reporter Derek Wallbank joined Emily to connect the dots.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.