Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - July 31, 2013
Wednesday - 7/31/2013, 11:13am EDT
Federal News Radio
Less than four months after the start of sequestration, observers in the Pentagon and in industry say it's too early to tell exactly how the cuts have hurt the Defense industrial base. But if you're the CEO of a defense contractor, how worried you are likely has a lot to do with the size of your company. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu has that story as part of our special series, Private Side of Sequestration.
Federal News Radio
The FBI has a new program to improve communication with companies about cyber threats. The Bureau has seen an 85 percent rise in cyber investigations over the past five years. The increased workload is a challenge. But on top of that, there hasn't been a clear way that companies seeking help can send information to the FBI. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller joined Tom and Emily to discuss the FBI's new attempt to standardize information sharing on cyber.
Vice President for the U.S. Public Sector
Armies used to march on their stomachs. But the logistics of food were solved a long time ago. Nowaways, you might say, militaries march, sail or fly on their data. The mobility movement has changed how federal agencies work, and it's changing the way the military operates. Recently, for example, the Defense Systems Information Agency approved Apple's iOS for use in the field. Joining Tom and Emily with a progress report on the mobile warrior was Tom Simmons, vice president for the U.S. Public Sector at Citrix Systems.
For federal contractors, sequestration is like bad weather. Cursing it won't change it, but they have to deal with it. Many have. They've cut overhead, re-evaluated staff, and made sure to remind their government customers when they've done a good job. In this segment in our special series,Private Side of Sequestration, Tom and Emily spoke with Michael Tinsley, CEO of Neosystems. His company provides financial services to federal contractors.
Tom and Emily held a panel discussion to discuss coping strategies that contractors can use during sequestration, part of our special report, Private Side of Sequestration.
Scott Lewis, president and CEO of PS Partnerships, brings together product vendors and systems integrators in the federal market. Tim Larkins is the manager of Market Intelligence at the immixGroup, which represents hundreds of technology vendors on GSA schedules and other contract vehicles. Cameron Leuthy is senior budget analyst with Bloomberg Government, which provides data, news and analysis about the federal market to contractors and federal agencies.