Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - July 18, 2013
Thursday - 7/18/2013, 10:48am EDT
Federal News Radio
The three agencies responsible for overseas contingency contracting say they've made major progress against cutting waste and improving management over the last several years. But they also say a lot of work remains. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu says, some recent inspector general reports show stark examples of misspent funds.
Federal News Radio
When federal employees retire, they often take their knowledge with them. Their replacements have to learn the lessons all over again. The Office of Personnel Management and the American Federation of Government Employees are teaming up to change that. Federal News Radio's executive editor Jason Miller joined Tom and Emily with a preview of a governmentwide mentoring hub.
Send one open-records request to different agencies and get very different responses. That's what Bloomberg reporter Danielle Ivory found out. She asked departments to release details of trips that their leaders took in fiscal 2011. Some were quick to respond, but she's still waiting for others. Danielle Ivory joined Tom and Emily to talk about this test of Freedom of Information Act offices.
IDC Government Insights
For several years, federal technology managers have been working under a policy called cloud-first. Instead of building new data centers or adding to existing ones, CIOs are supposed to buy online computer capacity from cloud providers. But cloud adoption has been a little slow to take off. The evidence? Federal spending on clouds. Shawn McCarthy has taken a careful look at this spending. He's research director for IDC Government Insights, and joined Tom and Emily.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.