Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - July 15, 2013
Monday - 7/15/2013, 12:00pm EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Assistant Commissioner for Integrated Technology Services
General Services Administration
With the end of the fiscal year, traditionally agencies pick up their tempo of buying. But the fiscal situation this year is a little different. At the Multiple Award Government Industry Conference, Tom caught up with Mary Davie, the assistant commissioner for integrated technology services at the General Services Administration who oversees the agency's buying vehicles. She told Tom what's going on now and what GSA is planning for future federal technology requirements.
Executive Vice President
Booz Allen Hamilton
There's a new digital ecosystem out there, but the federal government isn't adapting its acquisition systems, so it's geared toward the art of the possible. Angela Messer is the executive vice president at Booz Allen Hamilton. She says agencies know they need a more integrated approach. The challenge is how to get there. Messer talked with Tom at last week's MAGIC conference about what exactly a digital ecosystem is and how federal agencies can adapt to the new environment.
Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund
What started as a trickle is now a steady stream of requests for help. The Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund gives emergency loans to federal employees in need. It distributed just four furlough-related loans in May; in June that number was up to 82. FEEA Executive Director Steve Bauer joined Tom and Emily to talk about this dramatic trend.
Federal Public Defender
Sequestration is often described as "across-the-board" budget cuts, but the impact on federal agencies is anything but even. Some have escaped furloughs altogether, while others have asked staff to take one or two weeks off unpaid. But that's not the worst of it. Federal public defender offices are laying off employees because of sequestration. Michael Nachmanoff is the federal public defender for Eastern Virginia. He joined Tom and Emily to explain what is happening in his office.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.