Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - July 12, 2013
Friday - 7/12/2013, 9:59am EDT
vice president & director of Identity Management Product Strategy
The Open Data Initiative has the goal of getting federal information assets out to the public for uses such as building mobile applications. But success depends on security policies right so confidential or personally identifiable information doesn't get out the door, too. Paul Christman is the vice president and Jonathan Sander is the director of Identity Management Product Strategy at Dell Software. They've studied the Open Data Initiative. One thing they point out is the need to understand the difference between unstructured and structured data and what federal data publishers have to tackle first.
Federal News Radio
The General Services Administration in the next three weeks will release the solicitations for the OASIS and OASIS small business multiple award contracts. As GSA nears this milestone, the discussion of whether the government needs another large multiple award contract again comes to the forefront.
deputy U.S. chief technology officer
for government innovation
If you see someone with a slightly lost look roaming the halls of your federal office building, you might want to ask if they're from, say, Silicon Valley. A new crop of Presidential Innovation Fellows is adjusting to life in Washington. The software developers, engineers and other technically-skilled young people have come to help agencies improve how they deliver their missions.
director, Federal Human Capital
If you are Asian, you are probably happier at work than your colleagues, particularly those with disabilities. Those are some of the findings from an analysis of the Office of Personnel Management's annual survey of federal employees. The Partnership for Public Service and Deloitte looked at effective leadership, support for diversity and overall satisfaction among different demographic groups.
director of education, workforce and income issues
Government Accountability Office
Is the federal government too generous when it comes to workers' comp? Some in Congress and the Labor Department want to scale back benefits for feds who get hurt on the job. Critics of the current law point to examples of elderly federal workers who were hurt on the job years ago but still get workers' comp rather than the more stingy retirement benefits. Lawmakers asked the Government Accountability Office to find out more.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
Heard Tom talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.