Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - July 10, 2013
Wednesday - 7/10/2013, 9:32am EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
assistant director, Office of Servicemember Affairs
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
The Military Installment Loans and Educational Services was supposed to help service members or so they thought. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau ordered U.S. Bank and its partner, Dealers Financial Services, to pay $6.5 million to service members. This is after 50,000 of them learned that they've been a victim of deceptive marketing tactics.
director of research
Most of the new members of President Obama's cabinet have settled into their new appointments now, but a few important holes still remain. James Comey is the nominee for FBI director and he testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing yesterday. Labor nominee Tom Perez has hit a few bumps in the confirmation road. And what about Immigrations and Customs Enforcement? John Morton will leave for the private sector at the end of the month, with no word yet on his successor. Bob Litan, director of research for Bloomberg Government, gives us an update.
Articles from BGov.com require a subscription.
Federal News Radio
John Thompson is promising to do something few other Census directors have achieved. He tells senators at his confirmation hearing, he'll do the 2020 count better, faster and cheaper.
Data Transparency Coalition
President Barack Obama recently called on his new cabinet to look for fresh ways to help federal agencies deliver information and data to the public. The administration is launching the next version of its open government strategy. It's called the National Action Plan 2.0. Meanwhile, the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act pending in Congress would put the Treasury Department in charge of setting data publishing guidelines.
President Barack Obama gave his new cabinet some marching orders this week. He wants them to reinvigorate the government by making it, in his words, smarter and more innovative. He gave Sylvia Burwell, the Office of Management and Budget chief, the job of leading the effort. Every president has some sort of plan. Recall Service to the Citizen, Reinventing Government and the President's Management Agenda. Tim Young, a senior management at Deloitte Consulting, and former deputy administrator at OMB, share his views on the prospects for a smarter government.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.