Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - July 3, 2013
Wednesday - 7/3/2013, 11:03am EDT
Federal News Radio
By the end of next year, the Defense Information Systems Agency wants DoD components to be able to select and buy cloud computing services through an automated, web-based tool. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu reports, DISA's rolling out the capability as part of its new role as DoD's official cloud broker.
Federal News Radio
Federal agencies fell short of the governmentwide small business contracting goal for the seventh year in a row. But the Small Business Administration says many small firms are finding more success in government contracting than ever before. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller spoke with Tom about the latest small business report card.
Among the many mandates federal agencies work under, one of the most far-reaching is the Government Performance and Results Act. In 2010, Congress gave it an overhaul with the GPRA Modernization Act. The update means more frequent reporting. And it's supposed to result in a better feedback mechanism so agencies take their performance data and use it to keep improving. Tom spoke about whether it's accomplishing that goal with Jitinder Kohli, who helped mold the GPRA Modernization Act. He is now a director at Deloitte Consulting and formerly a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress. He also spent 15 years with the British government in its Department of Business.
The Government Accountability Office recently released a new report on GPRA modernization. Auditors found, agencies have a lot more work to do to comply with the act and improve their performance. Chris Mihm, managing director of strategic issues at GAO, joined Tom to discuss the report in detail.
Acting Chief, Communications and Public Liaison Branch
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism is working to help the public stay safe this summer. Fred Donodeo, acting chief of the Communications and Public Liaison Branch at NIAAA, spoke with Tom about the details of the interagency effort.
Gettysburg National Military Park
There is a reason why history buffs will be playing dress-up this weekend. The Gettysburg National Park will be celebrating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. The weekend will include interactive programs, hikes and much more. All of this creates a huge workload for the National Park Service. To explain what goes on behind the scenes, Tom spoke to Katie Lawhon, management assistant at Gettysburg National Military Park.
Heard Tom talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.