Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - June 27, 2013
Thursday - 6/27/2013, 11:40am EDT
Federal News Radio
The Internal Revenue Service says it's cutting ties with a D.C. software vendor after learning that its owner was a bit too friendly with an agency procurement official. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu reports, that's one of several issues congressional investigators have uncovered about the company.
chief advanced technology officer
National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center, DHS
Information is the currency of federal agencies, and it gains value when they share it. The challenge is sharing data consistent with privacy laws and regulations. The Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board at NIST has been working on the question of automated data sharing.
government contracts lawyer
Rogers Joseph O'Donnell, P.C.
Congress has told the Pentagon to keep fake electronics out of its supply chain. The Defense Department has new rules with new responsibilities for contractors. It's just a proposal. The defense industry gets its say tomorrow at a public meeting. Government contracts lawyer Bob Metzger heads the Washington office of Rogers Joseph O'Donnell and represents several tech contractors.
Secretary of Labor's White House fellow
Female vets are more likely to be unemployed or divorced or raising kids alone than their male counterparts. They earn less money too. That's according to the Labor Department. It has pooled together job and counseling resources at a new website. It's part of a governmentwide effort to help returning troops transition to stateside life. Air Force Major Ariel Batungbacal heads up the initiative.
Eight new astronaut recruits will report for duty at Johnson Space Center in Houston. NASA selected them from more than 6,000 applicants. They'll join the 49 astronauts now on NASA's roster. Lt. Cmdr. Victor Glover is an aviator in the Navy, now a legislative fellow in Congress. And, he's one of the lucky eight selected by NASA.
deputy assistant secretary for civilian personnel and quality of life
The Army wants to promote upward mobility in their ranks and is encouraging high performing employees to apply for career development training. But managers wondering how to fill those positions left vacant in the midst of the current hiring freeze need not worry.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
Supreme Court's DOMA decision grants thousands of feds access to benefits (Federal News Radio)
HK says US got Snowden's middle name wrong (Federal News Radio)
MSPB Appeal Toolkit (AFGE)
Investigator: No sign progressives mistreated (Federal News Radio)
Facebook: Math of the Aftermath (Packet Storm Security)