Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - June 24, 2013
Monday - 6/24/2013, 9:57am EDT
Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
By some estimates, fraudsters trick the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services out of $50 billion to $60 billion a year. A bipartisan group of senators says Congress needs to give the agency new tools to go after fraudsters. The bill is championed by Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.). He chairs the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. Carper says the measure would let CMS get tougher on crime.
Federal News Radio
A provision tucked into the Senate Armed Services Committee's version of the Defense Authorization bill would reshape how the Defense Department oversees technology. The committee wants to merge the DoD's CIO with its deputy chief management officer. In his latest edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller tells us what's behind the possible merger and other juicy tidbits he's picked up over the last two weeks.
international trade lawer
The Senate has confirmed Michael Froman to be the new head of the office of the U.S. Trade Representative. He'll replace Ron Kirk, who left the administration in February. Froman is facing a daunting load. There's the Trans-Pacific Partnership to be negotiated and also the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership involving the European Union.
Federal News Radio
When it comes to selling technology to the military during tight budget times, officials say the industry needs to keep at least a couple things in mind. The new stuff needs to replace the old stuff, and if the product comes with a pitch for cost savings, it needs to save the government money "now."
Booz Allen Hamilton
The cybersecurity profession needs manpower. According to a recent survey of software security professionals worldwide, cyber analysts, engineers, auditors and architects are most in demand. In response to this need, the (ISC)2 Foundation and Booz Allen Hamilton are launching a new program designed to train veterans in these roles. It's called the USA Cyber Warrior Scholarship program.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
OPM expanding health, dental options under FEDVIP next year (Federal News Radio)
Flight to Cuba for which Snowden booked departs (Federal News Radio)
FAR Council removes dollar limits for women-owned set-asides (Federal News Radio)
GSA completes $19.5M West Heating Plant sale (The Washington Business Journal)
DoD Furlough Appeals Filed, Called Premature (Military.com)
President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts (White House)
States Attract Cybersecurity Companies (Valley News)