Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - June 20, 2013
Thursday - 6/20/2013, 12:58pm EDT
executive vice president
Booz Allen Hamilton
Federal agencies can do little without up to date information systems. And they're under a slew of mandates and requirements for those systems. Cloud computing. Data center consolidation. Big Data. Mobility. How does a CIO make sense of it all? Michael Farber is the executive vice president of Booz Allen Hamilton and leads a group that helped to drive these initiatives.
National Historic Publications and Records Commission at the National Archives
President Barack Obama has told all agencies to turn their paper records into searchable electronic files. While the task might sound easier said than done, the National Archives has launched a website that could silence naysayers. The Archives' National Historic Publications and Records Commission partnered with the University of Virginia to build the site Founders Online, which includes thousands of hand-written letters, diary entries and other scrawled documents from the nation's founding fathers. Kathleen Williams explains the site's bevy of documents.
True North Logistics
Hundreds of billions of dollars worth of goods and services arrive every year by a supply chain to the federal government. Bob Luby is managing director of True North Logistics. In a new report for the IBM Center for the Business of Government, he makes the case for transforming the government's supply chain
Federal News Radio
Morale is low in the financial management workforce of the Defense Department. A year ago, 86 percent of senior executives in the DOD budget world said they liked their jobs "a lot". Today, the figure is 53 percent. The findings are part of an annual survey by the American Society of Military Comptrollers and Grant Thornton. A majority of DOD financial managers are reporting unprecedented challenges, according to Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
Sequestration claims another conference: DHS' GFirst cyber event (Federal News Radio)
Senators seek cost cuts for F-35 fighter jet (Federal News Radio)