Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - June 11, 2013
Tuesday - 6/11/2013, 8:59am EDT
Petrillo and Powell
The General Services Administration inspector general has blasted Federal Acquisition Service managers in a new report. It accuses them of circumventing their staff and altering contracts upon the contractors' requests. The penalty could be huge. The IG recommends GSA cancel or re-do two contracts worth a total of half-a-billion dollars.
Defense contractors might not be feeling the love from the Pentagon in this era of shrinking budgets. If you're a weapons maker and the top buyer no longer wants your goods, where do you turn? Maybe Pakistan. Or Turkey. Bloomberg Government analyst Evan Croen has mapped out the hottest growing markets for U.S. defense firms. He joins us now with his findings.
(A subscription is required to access articles on BGov.com.)
vice president for policy
Partnership for Public Service
How can the IRS bounce back from its recent scandals, while battling increased workloads with fewer employees, frozen pay and furloughs? John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service. says it's a tough row to hoe.
journalist in residence
Project on Government Oversight
A draft Defense Department inspector general report reveals details surrounding the disclosure of the identities of the Seal Team members involved in the Osama bin Laden raid, a story later immortalized by Hollywood in the movie "Zero Dark Thirty."
Also on today's show:
Federal News Radio's Tom Temin interviewed Dr. Trina Greer, chief learning officer at the Health and Human Services Department, at the Government Performance Summit in Crystal City, Va. Today's show also included an interview with Bethany Blakey, performance manager at The Performance Institute. Blakey is the featured speaker at today's summit luncheon. Listen to all of our Government Performance Summit interviews and view a photo gallery of the event here.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
Obama's ATF nominee gets Senate hearing (Federal News Radio)
Performance.gov faces identity crisis (Federal News Radio)
Energy officials land summer jobs for their kids (Federal News Radio)
2012 Arthur S. Flemming Award Winners (George Washington University)
Re: Petition to STOP THE FURLOUGHS Dear President (White House)
iOS 7 Coming this fall (Apple)
House Dem pushes for repeal of military force law (Federal News Radio)