Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - June 5, 2013
Wednesday - 6/5/2013, 10:30am EDT
Photo Gallery: Charles Pippen, senior research scientist with the Georgia Tech Research Institute, holds an unmanned aircraft. Researchers with the Army and Georgia Tech are testing unmanned aircraft this week at Fort Benning, Ga. Click here to view a photo gallery.
senior research scientist
Despite controversy over the government's use of unmanned attack drones, they are poised to become as common as army tanks. Researchers with the Army and Georgia Tech are trying to work out some fundamental kinks. They are conducting tests this week at Fort Benning.
military consultant and historian
The Navy has reactivated a squadron known as the Magicians. Its mission is to chart a whole new Naval aviation future, in which manned and unmanned aircraft operate side by side. In this case it's helicopters flying to and from the new littoral combat ship. For some insight into what's going on, we asked military consultant and historian, Norman Friedman.
senior vice president for government affairs
Federal agencies have been working hard to reduce their use of electricity. So far they've had mixed success. One place to get more information on intelligent electric power management is a three-day conference this week in Washington. It's sponsored by Schneider Electric.
A new survey of federal managers shows some surprising resilience in the face of sequestration-induced budget cuts. Feds aren't just hunkering down, they're finding innovative ways to do things. Government contractor NIC underwrote the study.
The Hill newspaper
From Our Reporters
The Veterans Affairs Department officials faced tough questioning on Capitol Hill yesterday about just how much their computer systems have been compromised. Acting Chief Information Officer Stephen Warren struggled to confirm the security of the agency's network and whether there are ongoing nation state attacks against the VA. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller provides new details on the growing concerns about the security of veterans' data.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
Opm issues phased retirement guidance (Federal News Radio)
House passes measure boosting veterans' programs (Federal News Radio)
OPM to offer buyouts, early outs (Federal Times)
Top Obama appointees using secret email accounts (Federal News Radio)
IG: IRS violated few policies in spending millions on conferences (Federal News Radio)
Nuke missile crews cite morale-sapping pressures (Federal News Radio)
Lawmakers, IG expose further vulnerabilities in VA's cybersecurity (Federal News Radio)
Army generals deny outside pressure in sex case (Federal News Radio)