Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - May 21, 2013
Tuesday - 5/21/2013, 10:07am EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
chief operating officer
Food and Drug Administration
The Food and Drug Administration has been striving mightily with new mandates, new public health issues, and with its own need for a more modern information infrastructure. Somehow it has to accommodate the needs of the scientific and research side of the house, the operational side, and the administrative.
chairman, Labor and Employment Practice Group
Some unionized Homeland Security Department employees are vigorously opposing the immigration reform bill now progressing through the Senate. The National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council was the first to openly opposed the bill. It represents 7,000 deportation agents. Joining the battle is the National Citizenship and Immigration Services Council with 12,000 members. If the bill passes and becomes law, those members will have to carry it out. Can they?
executive vice president and counsel
Professional Services Council
The Professional Services Council has been saying it for awhile now and now the federal government finally agrees. A new report from the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction says the Afghan government has been improperly taxing American contractors to the tune of nearly $1 billion. And it has restricted the movements of companies that refused to pay the unfair levies.
2013 ACT-IAC Voyagers program
Leaders may be born, but a little education never hurt. That's where the Voyagers Program comes in. It's cooperative program between the IT industry and mid-level government employees. The American Council for Technology and the Industry Advisory Council, or ACT-IAC, has just graduated this year's Voyagers and is accepting applications for next year.
From Our Reporters
The Office of Management and Budget is finalizing a new directive to change federal financial management processes. The goal is to make it easier for agencies to balance their books, and for vendors to provide software to help them do that. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller provides details from the Management of Change conference in Cambridge, Md.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
Lew taps government retiree pension fund (Federal News Radio)
Former IRS commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal (Federal News Radio)
Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51 (Federal News Radio)
House passes bill on lying about military medals (Federal News Radio)
Obama fills jobs under streamlined process (The Washington Post)
IG: ex-US Attorney retaliated in Fast and Furious (Federal News Radio)
Amazon Web services (GSA)