Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - May 6, 2013
Monday - 5/6/2013, 12:22pm EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
vice president for policy
Partnership for Public Service
If you are sick of hearing talk of sequestration, furloughs and fed-bashing then brighten up. It's Public Service Recognition Week. The Partnership for Public Service helps organize activities. It is also announcing the finalists for the Service to America Medals, which are given to outstanding federal civilian employees.
dean of the School of Public Policy
University of Maryland.
President Barack Obama tapped his Chicago friend Penny Pritzker for Commerce Secretary last week. With that nomination, he completed his wish list for cabinet members in his second presidential term. Don Kettl, dean of the School of Public Policy at the University of Maryland, offers his insight.
Related Story: Cabinet Tracker: Who's staying? Who's going?
From Our Reporters
Congress has made its feelings pretty clear on the subject of another round of military base closures and realignments. Lawmakers included an explicit prohibition on another BRAC in this year's defense authorization bill. But Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu reports DoD leaders remain insistent that since the military's shrinking, bases need to shrink too.
Agency culture embraces performance like never before. So says Shelley Metzenbaum. Her last day as the associate director for personnel and performance at the Office of Management and Budget was Friday. It had been Metzenbaum's job to be the Obama administration's activist for performance management. Metzenbaum looks back on her four- year tenure with Federal News Radio executive editor Jason Miller.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
Levin, Inhofe seek Hagel's guidance on defense budget cuts (Sen. Carl Levin)
Honoring Our Public Servants. Connecting Citizens with Their Government. (Partnership for Public Service)
Hill aides: White House recalculates spending cuts (Federal News Radio)
Breached dam data poses no threat to public, Army says (Computerworld)
Navy delaying furlough notices (Federal Times)
Zients out as OMB deputy director for management (Federal News Radio)
Retirements dip in April (Federal News Radio)