Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - May 1, 2013
Wednesday - 5/1/2013, 9:17am EDT
chief technology officer, Office of the Chief information Officer
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Not all big data is created equal. Tackling your information overload can either be a big risk or a big opportunity. A new Meritalk report sorts through the data solution toolbox to help you find just the right fit.
chief information officer
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Small agencies don't have a lot of fat in their budgets. They are coping with sequestration by focusing on the small things. At the GITEC 2013 Summit, Tom Temin spoke with Kimberly Hancher, the chief information officer of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Hancher says her agency is finding savings here and there in its IT budget.
The Hill newspaper
Two regulatory agencies need to quit squabbling and get along. The warning comes from Capitol Hill. Three senators say disputes between the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission are undermining efforts to monitor energy-commodity trading. Ben Geman has written about this for the Hill Newspaper.
Professional Services Council
The General Services Administration is trying to launch a new contracting vehicle. It's called One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services, or OASIS. It is supposed to be a simple way for agencies to buy complex professional services. The Professional Services Council represents potential bidders. It sees problems with GSA's draft solicitation.
From Our Reporters
The Internal Revenue Service accepts more than 80 percent of all tax returns electronically. So the systems that process the data are under enormous pressure to perform.
The IRS recently hired Unisys under two separate contracts to make sure its systems handle the annual influx of data and can return money to taxpayers.
PV Puvvada is the group vice president for civilian agencies for Unisys federal systems. He tells executive editor Jason Miller how the updated Enterprise Computing Center Support contract will help the IRS take money in and send out refunds more efficiently.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
Military Contractors Seek Clarity on Pentagon Cuts (The Wall Street Journal)
US regulators looking at dealing with social media (Federal News Radio)
Furloughed to Fairways (Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority)
Information sharing before bombings under review (Federal News Radio)
Obama naming NC's Watt for housing post (Federal News Radio)
Obama picks Wheeler to head FCC (Federal News Radio)