Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - April 29, 2013
Monday - 4/29/2013, 10:58am EDT
Senate Budget Committee's Government Performance Task Force
No one likes to talk about their screw-ups. But that's exactly what a group of senators wants to hear about from agency leaders. Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) leads the Budget Committee task force on government operations.
president and CEO
National Academy of Public Administration
Federal pay is a hotly debated topic, so why not add another log to the fire? Three congressmen have recently asked the Government Accountability Office to examine the federal government's approach to civilian employee compsensation. In other words, is the GS schedule still a relevant pay scale for feds?
vice president for policy
Partnership for Public Service
Next Sunday, May 5, marks the beginning of Public Service Recognition Week. Events planned to acknowledge and celebrate dedicated civil servants include a 5K run and a breakfast for the Service to America Award Nominees. But that's just the part of the week long festivities.
energy security lead
IBM's Security Systems
A race to protect the nation's power grids from cyber attacks is underway. And now utilities have a tool to help them protect their systems from would be cyber threats. It's called the Electricity Subsector Cybersecurity Maturity Model -- or ESC2M2 -- and was developed by the Department of Energy to manage dynamic threats and understand grid cybersecurity.
From Our Reporters
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
Controllers to return after Congress ends FAA furloughs (Federal News Radio)
Tightening budgets force DARPA to alter course for R&D (Federal News Radio)
Air Force Secretary Donley to step down (Federal News Radio)
VA Deputy Secretary Scott Gould leaving (Federal News Radio)
Cuts, Consolidations, and Savings (White House)