Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - April 19, 2013
Friday - 4/19/2013, 11:56am EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
cybersecurity intelligence analyst
Symantec's Security Technology and Response Group
To fight the cybersecurity enemy, you've got to understand it. Each year, Symantec pulls together data from 69 million cyber threat sensors scattered throughout the world. The resulting picture shows how the cyber threat is morphing. Joining us with highlights of the latest worldwide Internet security threat report is Paul Wood, a cyber security intelligence analyst in Symantec's Security Technology and Response Group.
chief technology officer
Advanced Micro Devices
Big technology challenges often require big computing power. The Energy Department is working to solve grand scale problems such as nuclear simulation by pushing supercomputing capacity. Right now, the fastest super computers can run at 1 trillion calculations per second.
managing director for strategic issues
Government Accountability Office
Agencies need at least two things to improve performance on key missions. One is commitment from the top. Two is clear lines of accountability. A 2010 update to the Government Performance and Results Act tried to establish that. But is it working? The Government Accountability Office tried to find out.
From Our Reporters
The Defense Department wants to raise the fees military retirees pay for their health care. And, in a repeat of the battle that's played out over the last two federal budget cycles, groups that represent current and former service members are fighting to stop it. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu has the details
Several agencies are about to or have submitted a request to the Office of Management and Budget to reprogram funds to soften the across-the-board cuts under sequestration. Labor, Defense and Homeland Security are among the departments going down this path. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller shares details on the reprogramming requests.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
OSHA last inspected Texas fertilizer plant in 1985 (Federal News Radio)
TSA official says no employee furloughs expected (Federal News Radio)
Flight delays: Furloughs begin at airports Sunday (Federal News Radio)
House passes pro-business cybersecurity bill (Federal News Radio)
Labor nominee Perez pledges open mind (Federal News Radio)