Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Interviews -- March 27, 2013
Wednesday - 3/27/2013, 9:33am EDT
It's said in federal IT circles: cybersecurity folks spend so much time and effort on paper audits, they don't spend enough time keeping watch over their networks. A new report offers a roadmap to implementing continuous monitoring and risk mitigation. It's a joint effort by the National Academy of Public Administration and the group SafeGov.org. Julie Anderson, one of the report's authors and the chief operating officer of Civitas, told Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu the paper can help agencies move away from a "check the box" approach to cybersecurity.
Senior Executives Association
Are you leaving the government for more money? A better work-life balance? How about greater career development opportunities or more autonomy? The Office of Personnel Management wants agencies to pose these questions to departing Senior Executive Service members. It developed the new survey with help from the Senior Executives Association.
With the continuing resolution now signed, Congress and the White House are gearing up for the next fiscal battle -- the 2014 budget. Will they actually pass one this year? And what will it look like? That's the focus of a special report from Bloomberg Government. Loren Duggan is an analyst at Bloomberg. He took at look at the proposed budgets from the House and Senate, and he joins us now with details.
Articles from BGov.com require a subscription.
The inspector general at the Energy Department says have wasted tens of millions of dollars on shaky companies. The findings concern a $1.5 billion grant program to develop carbon dioxide capture technology. The IG found that three questionable recipients received $90 million. It says Energy officials aren't watching the money carefully enough.
Related Story: Report: Energy Dept. mismanaged stimulus-backed climate program (The Hill)
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
Wednesday morning federal headlines - March 27, 2013
The Morning Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air. In today's news, Thrift Savings Plan managers may tweak the automatic enrollment program.
Posted 26 minutes, 15 seconds ago
- Marines Plan Teams for Crisis Response (The Wall Street Journal)
- Report: Pentagon must do more to stop sex assaults (Federal News Radio)
- Will businesses be forced to say if they've been hacked? (Nextgov)
- Congress Curtails Government IT Purchases From China (InformationWeek)