Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Interviews -- Feb. 28, 2013
Thursday - 2/28/2013, 12:53pm EST
Council on Foreign Relations
Military leaders have made several trips to Capitol Hill to warn against the dangers sequestration could pose to readiness and capability. To the skeptics, one conservative military analyst and historian says the generals aren't kidding. They're not protecting their turf either. Council on Foreign Relations senior fellow Max Boot says sequestration could endanger the United States.
National Guard Association of the United States
Most parts of the Defense Department are planning to furlough civilian employees not service members under sequestration. Things are different in the National Guard. Faced with sharp budget cuts, it would have to furlough more than half of its full-time members. Retired Gen. Gus Hargett, president of the National Guard Association of the United States, said 50,000 military technicians would have to take days off from work without pay.
Related Story: Testimony by Gen. Frank J. Grass
International Broadcasting Bureau
The inspector general calls it dysfunctional. The Government Accountability Office questions its strategy, and for years outside critics have asked why there's a Broadcasting Board of Governors at all. We're getting a response to all that criticism and a closer look inside the agency that broadcasts to the world.
Graduate School USA
Cloud computing and enterprise architecture are among the newest courses at Graduate School USA, formerly known at the USDA Graduate School. It offers dozens of courses for federal IT executives. School lecturer Brian Moran tells Federal News Radio executive editor Jason Miller the school is trying to meet an increased demand for technology and management courses.
Ask the CIO: What's new at Graduate School USA?
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
- Long History of Management Challenges Raises Concerns about VA's and DOD's New Approach to Sharing Health Information (GAO)
- Hagel Issues Message to Defense Department Workforce (DoD)
- Manning to tell judge about WikiLeaks disclosures (Federald News Radio)